MMI CTRSP Steering Committee
Dr Mark Watson (Chair)
Programme Manager – Education & Training, Molecular Medicine Ireland
Dr Willard Dere
Senior Vice-President and International Chief Medical Officer of Amgen
Prof Larry Egan
Chair of Clinical Pharmacology and Head of the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, NUI Galway
Prof. Catherine Godson
Director of UCD Diabetes Research Centre and Professor of Molecular Medicine, UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science
Dr. Aideen Long
Senior Lecturer, Institute of Molecular Medicine, TCD
Ms Ann O’Connor
Director of Human Products Authorisation and Registration, Irish Medicines Board
Dr Aideen O'Doherty
Programme Officer - Molecular Medicine Ireland, NUI Galway
Ms Helen Ryan
CEO Creganna Tactx Medical
Dr Claire Twomey
Programme Officer – Education & Training, Molecular Medicine Ireland
Dr David Vaughan
Clinical Strategy and Programmes Directorate, Health Service Executive
Prof. Doug Veale
Consultant Rheumatologist, DAHC/St. Vincent’s University Hospital and Medical Director of SVUH Education and Research Centre
Prof. Helen Whelton
Director of Oral Health Services Research Centre and Dean, Graduate School, College of Medicine & Health, UCC
Administrative Coordinator - Education & Website, Molecular Medicine Ireland (Secretary)
Terms of Reference
- To provide strategic oversight of the MMI Clinical & Translational Research Scholars Programme from funding submission through to completion of studies by the first cohort of MMI Scholars, and subsequent mainstreaming of the programme.
- To assist in coordinating the implementation of the CTRSP in the participating institutions and with external partners (including industry, regulatory bodies and other organisations involved in delivery of education and training).
- To assist in ensuring a transparent and rigorous application and selection process for recruitment of MMI Scholars.
- To review PhD research projects selected by MMI Scholars and advise whether these are suitable for the CTRSP.
- To participate in annual meetings with the MMI Scholars to advise on their progress in the Programme, transferable skills and career development.
- To assist in reviewing the CTRSP and to recommend how future programmes may be improved.
- To advise on mainstreaming of the CTRSP.