Win free registration to ESOF2012 Dublin - Europe's largest scientific conference
Molecular Medicine Ireland is offering free registration to five PhD students to attend the prestigious European Open Science Forum, ESOF2012, which is being held in Dublin from 11-15 July 2012.
How to win free ESOF2012 registration
To win free registration, give the correct answers to the questions below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 hrs on Monday 30 April 2012.
Who is eligible
This competition is open to students who are undertaking a postgraduate programme in medicine, science or bioengineering at one of MMI's partner institutions: NUI Galway, the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Trinity College, University College Cork and University College Dublin.
1. Who split the atom?
2. Who was known as the 'Father of Chemistry'?
3. Who introduced the method of quaternions?
4. Who was the first person to explain why the sky is blue?
5. Who was known as the 'Father of Computer Science'?
6. Who invented the induction coil?
7. Who discovered the structure of benzene?
8. Who invented the modern stethoscope?
9. Who introduced the term 'electron’?
10. Who showed that ozone is another form of oxygen?
What do the people in your answers have in common?
The names of the winners will be randomly drawn from all correct entries.